Protein's tough with kids, right? But, how many of you guys out there don't like steak tips??? Come on now, seriously. They're amazing, and the recipe was passed down to me from the mad-scientist chef, Kevin Daigle...our very own coach and fire breathing back squatter. He brought these over to our Boston Marathon party this year, and it was love at first bite.
This recipe is marinating right this very second in our fridge for tomorrow night. That's right, dewds: 36 hours out. Supposedly, the longer these puppies marinate, the better they are. Check it out.
- 3-4 lbs sirloin steak tips (preferably grass fed!)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or other cayenne pepper sauce)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
1. Heat a small amount of the olive oil (enough to cover the skillet) in a small skillet over medium heat, add the garlic and spices. Stir often browning the minced garlic (don't burn it).
2. Remove from heat, and combine oil and spices with the rest of the olive oil, and Redhot...mix well. A container that allows shaking is a good idea, it mixes better.
3. Add steak tips to Tupperware container, and a douse in marinade.....leave in the fridge over night, shaking container every 2-6 hours.
4. Grill Steak tips to desired doneness. Discard marinade.